It is practice policy for all accounts to be settled at the time of consultation before leaving the practice. We do not operate a ‘payment on account’ system. To facilitate patients we have a Visa/Laser Machine and also accept payment by cash and cheque.
Receipts are automatically issued at the time of payment for each visit – PLEASE RETAIN YOUR RECEIPTS – you will need these when claiming back under the MED 1 or any private insurance you may have.
There are 2 types of medical card currently in operation under the GMS Scheme* and accepted by this practice:
- Full Medical Card
- Doctor Visit Card or DV Card
Please note that certain services are not covered under the GMS Scheme including but not limited to:
- Blood Testing
- Medical Certs
- Medical examinations or reports for legal purposes
- Examinations relating to insurance policies
- Examinations relating to fitness to drive including eye test
- Pre-employment examinations
- School entry examinations
- Examinations in connection with fitness to take part in sports
- Some vaccinations (including travel vaccinations)
- Some family planning services
- Some screening tests
If you are in doubt as to whether or not your consultation is covered under the GMS Scheme then please check with Reception prior to your consultation..