We accept prescription requests by written request only. Our staff are not permitted to accept verbal requests for medication at any time. This policy is in place to:
- Ensure maximum patient safety;
- Ensure that patients are aware of the medications they are requesting;
- Reduce the risk of prescribing of incorrect or unnecessary medications;
- Ensure accurate records of patient medication requests are retained; and
- Minimise human error.
We aim to have all prescription requests reviewed within 2 working days. Please do not attend the practice to collect your prescription before this.
To complete a prescription please complete this form:
If you wish to download a printable Prescription Order Form then please click here.
Please return the completed form to us by:
Fax: 09066 26242
Post: Castle Street Surgery, Castle Street, Roscommon
Hand delivery: please place in our Prescription Request Box (during opening hours) or through our letterbox (outside of opening hours).
Some important things to note:
- As a minimum, the patient’s name, date of birth and telephone number must be clearly written on the Prescription Order Form.
- In some cases, the Doctor may need to see you for a medication review before a Repeat Prescription is issued or you may require a blood test. Don’t worry, we will let you know.
- We will endeavour to make all Repeat Prescriptions available within 2 working days of a request to do so although the process may take slightly longer during busy periods.
- Please note that we cannot accept any request for Prescriptions or Repeat Prescriptions over the telephone or verbally.
Repeat Prescriptions cannot be issued by Reception Staff.