Our practice offers a full range of medical services for women of all ages including:
- Breast Care – if you discover a lump in your breast, we will see you on the same day where possible. We will advise on the nature of the lump, recommend management options and provide comfort.
- Cervical Screening – our practice is registered with the National Cervical Screening Programme. If you are between the ages 25 – 44 years of age, you are entitled to a smear once every three years. If you are between 45 and 60 years old, then you are entitled to a smear every five years. In order to avail of this free service, you need to register with Cervical Check (using your PPS number) following which you will receive an invitation letter. Please bring this letter with you on the day of your appointment. Click here to register with Cervical Check.
- Menopause– our female Doctors offer a comprehensive menopausal assessment for women aimed at determining their individual risk for osteoporosis, heart disease and breast cancer. This assessment will last approximately 30 minutes and will involve discussion of your symptoms and worries, a physical examination which may include a pelvic examination or cervical smear test.
- Contraception – we provide a full contraception service including the Combined Pill, Mini Pill, Injectable Contraception, Mirena Coil, Implanon Bar and Emergency Contraception (Morning-After Pill).
- Ante and Postnatal Care – please click on Mother & Baby here.
- Infertility – there are many tests available for infertility, some of which can be carried out in the practice and some others in hospital. We may also refer you to a fertility specialist.
- Domestic Violence Advice
Well Woman Health Check
We also provide an affordable and comprehensive health screening service for women.
The Well Woman Health Check includes an initial assessment carried out by our Practice Nurse and a follow up consultation with your Doctor.
Our Practice Nurse will complete the following: